What is Pressure-Directed Embolization?
The Sniper’s balloon occludes the vessel to alter blood flow-dynamics using pressure-directed embolization. This increases therapeutic agent delivery into target areas while protecting surrounding healthy tissue. 1,2
- Rose S, Halstead G, Narsinh K. Pressure-Directed Embolization of Hepatic Arteries in a Porcine Model Using a Temporary Occlusion Balloon Microcatheter: Proof of Concept. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol (2017) 40: 1769.
- Isaacson A, Hartman T, Bagla S, Burke C. Initial Experience with Balloon-Occlusion Prostatic Artery Embolization. J Vasc Interv Radiol (2018) 29: 85-89.
- Maruyama M, Yoshizako T, Nakamura T, et al. Initial Experience with Balloon-Occluded Trans-catheter Arterial Chemoembolization (B-TACE) for Hepatocellular Carcinoma. Cardiovasc Intervent Radiol (2016) 39: 359-366.
- Irie T, Kuramochi M, Takahashi N. Dense Accumulation of Lipiodol Emulsion in Hepatocellular Carcinoma Nodules during Selective Balloon-occluded Transarterial Chemoembolization: Measurement of Balloon-occluded Arterial Stump Pressure. Cariovasc Intervent Radiol (2013) 36: 706-713.
- Ogawa M, Takayasu K, Hirayama M, et al. Efficacy of a microballoon catheter in transarterial chemoembolization using miriplatin, a lipophilic anticancer drug: short-term results. Hepatology Research (2016) 46: E60-69.
- Arai H, Abe T, Takayama H, et al. Safety and efficacy of balloon-occluded transcatheter arterial chemoembolization using miriplatin for hepatocellular carcinoma. Hepatology Research (2015) 45: 663-666.
- Irie T, Kuramochi M, Kamoshida T, Takahashi N. Selective balloon-occluded transarterial chemoembolization for patients with one or two hepatocellular carcinoma nodules: retrospective comparison with conventional super-selective TACE. Hepatology Research (2016) 46: 209-214.
- Stephan Ogenstad, Statogen Consulting LLC. Meta-analysis of clinical studies performed by: Ogawa (2016) ref. 5, Arai (2015) ref. 6, and Irie (2016) ref. 7. Analysis on file at Embolx, Inc. (2017).